Monday, April 21, 2008

Wet! But beautiful...

Well, as you probably could have guessed, yesterday was a wet day along the W&OD. I rode to work about 9:30 or so, and it was raining pretty hard the whole way. With the added excitement of thunder and lightning... just close enough to make me glad I wasn't out there too long. There are lots of puddles on the trail, and a LOT of standing water in the low spots alongside the trail. And the various drainage ditches and small creek beds which are usually dry or nearly so are running high and wild.

On the other hand, the dogwoods are blooming and look absolutely lovely! And the peepers are loving the wet, as was the frog I saw hopping across the path last night on my way home. All in all, a fun day out there, once I got used to the idea that it was going to be wet. I was grateful for my fenders and Burley rain jacket.