Thursday, February 22, 2007

Actually worse, in some ways...



Some areas, like that shown at right (the hill to the 66 overpass on the Vienna side), are virtually clear and fine to ride. However, just west of here, including the Cedar to Gallows stretch (far right), there is a considerable amount of heavy slush and wet snow still on the trail. It was actually harder to keep going today than it was when it was all frozen over, so I cut over on Sandburg to Cottage and rode in to the shop that way. If I had had the time, I would have stuck to it and made it a learning experience, but John likes it when I make it to work.

The studs helped a bit, but the big challenge is just the sheer density of the slush. Really hard to make any headway, and still slippery as heck. I can't honestly recommend riding the trail at this point, unless you want a challenge.